Decor Block

I have found that decorating my home is a challenge for me.

I see all of these gorgeous photos on Pinterest of these wonderfully decorated homes but then get confused at what look I want to go for. Mind you, I HATE spending money. If we has cash to burn, I am sure this house would look fantastic! But we don't so I am trying to be patient and gather things I love over a longer period of time.

The other issue I have is that I see photos that are GORGEOUS and then begin to get swayed to decorate in that way.  Like this cabinet from Dreamy Whites
Source
I seriously the openness and the farm house look, but I dont understand what the point of just having a cabinet of stuff you don't use. (i'm not saying that she doesn't use them but a lot of decorators have bookshelfs full of books that they probably don't read.) (Also with little children you know they would open this thing right up and tear everything out.)

I love the look of this over at Miss Mustard Seed, but those books are just for looks.
Source
I guess the thing I struggle with is that I like pretty things, I just don't see the practicality of taking up a whole bookshelf for things I don't use. I do know that it IS important to surround yourself with things you love and make you happy, I just am not very good at that. Finding that balance between looks and functionality.


On a different note- I had another baby today. One of the kidney stone variety. I have a feeling it is going to be a long week. Good thing I am best friends with a heating pad! That thing has saved me along with my sweet husband who has been so willing to help me and listen to me complain. Good thing I am 36 weeks now... I think I would die if I had longer to go!

Hope you are Happy and Healthy!


Love,
speaking on healthy... these GF cinnamon rolls are the opposite of that. I just used the recipe on the back of  Bob's Red Mill GF pizza crust mix.



Labels: