My Poppy Painting

Last Saturday I painted some poppies. I was looking around blog land and Etsy and found some pretty prints but I wasn't about to pay $70 from something that I knew I could do myself. I did this with Gouache paint, which is a little bit like acrylic. This was my first time using it on a canvas. (I got the canvas from Hobby Lobby. The 8x10 size 2 pack is $3.99 regular priced.)

 This is Abigails artwork. I should have taken a picture of her while she was painting, but I totally spaced it. Next time I will capture her in action. 
 The final product. I also discovered that my camera doesn't like taking pictures of Canvas. I think it looks cooler in person, but thats just me. 

I wanted to see what it would look like in print. I have only Kraft paper cardstock but I think it looks kind of cool. 
I have a few more canvas' laying around so I might try my hand at painting some more. It's quite calming when you don't have a 2 year old jumping on you. :)

Labels: