My Dream of a Farm

I have had the dream of having a little farm for as long as I can remember. I had even decided I was going to have a house for my parents and a house for my future in-laws close by. Being away from home (Utah) has made me realize how much I want that dream of a little farm with some cows, chickens, pigs, and horses. Maybe even a goat for a lawn mower. I have been trying to not postpone my dreams of the country life by starting to decorate my house to reflect that dream. Currently I have been hooked on white. White couches white decor.

Let me show you some of my favorites!

Source

Source

Source
I don't know the original source of the image
I am getting addicted to these types of frames. I have yet to find any, but Oklahoma estate sales must have some. I will be on the hunt to find some and maybe even a mantel! 
I just noticed that all these photos have white decor and dark wood. I think I like the contrast of the white and the dark weathered wood. I think that might be because it's clean but has a sense of warmth too. 

I had taken a great photo of one of the Grandma and Grandps Hone's cow last year that I had wanted to paint a photo from it as inspiration to add a little farm into our home, but I lost it with the hard drive crash. The funny thing is I have been finding a lot of bloggers that like cows too!

 Like Miss Mustard Seed 

Source

and House of Hepworths

Source

Out here in Oklahoma we have long horned cattle so I have made a new goal to go photograph one and paint it for my living room. are you a fan of the cow movement or not? 

I hope I will be able to bring the country farm life into my home! One step at a time I guess.